The FSM grit wash unit has been developed with three aims in mind:
The FSM grit wash unit consists of two basic items – grit wash tank and discharge screw. Depending upon the effectiveness of the inlet screening unit, the screening drum can be dispensed with. During development, special emphasis was placed on low water consumption at low admission pressure in the service water. The grit wash unit provides high performance coupled with low operating costs.
The grit/water mixture is fed in via the inlet flange of the grit wash tank. Organic matter is held in suspension and floated off while the grit is sedimented in the tank. With the addition of water, the sedimented grit is separated from the remaining organic constituents using a stirring device and up-current technique. The grit is removed from the tank, de-watered and discharged via a discharge screw.
With the addition of a bunker at the upstream side, the FSM grit wash unit can be extended to become a reception station for sewer grit. If a fractionating and washing drum is positioned between the bunker and the wash unit, the installation can be additionally used for conditioning street sweepings.
Applications in municipal and industrial clarification plant
• waste water pre-treatment / grit treatment
• sewer grit/street sweepings reception station
• compact installations
• meat, fish and shellfish processing/slaughterhouses – preliminary clarification of total waste water
• sugar industry – preliminary clarification of total waste water
• fruit and vegetable processing – preliminary clarification of total waste water
• breweries – preliminary clarification of total waste water
• animal meal production – preliminary clarification of total waste water
• composting installations, waste product and disposal engineering, household and industrial refuse, garden refuse and compost, seepage water treatment
• machinery industry – metal swarf conveying
• glass and ceramic industry
• High reliability through robust construction
• Can be used with upstream coarse screen
• Service water which is substantially free of COD and BOD can be used as wash water
• The grit washer separator can be optionally mounted on a scraper bridge and fed with wash water from the grit chamber
• The organic content can be reduced to volatile solids <3%
• Can be extended to become a reception station for sewer grit and street sweepings
• Can be charged with up to 30 l/s
• Dry charging version as extension or retrofitting for compact installations
• Dry charging version as retrofitting for existing grit sizing machines
• Excellent cost/performance ratio
• Low maintenance costs
• Suitable for outdoor sites / operation in winter
• Easily adapted to suit changed operating conditions
• Machine completely hygienically encapsulated
• The FSM grit wash unit has proved itself in practice at home and abroad.
length/width/height 5200 / 2200 / 3120 mm, other dimensions on request
throughput up to 40 l/s, other throughputs on request
installation size SWA 10 / SWA 18 / SWA 30 / SWA 40 / TB-SWA
organic content of grit < 3 % volatile solids
separating capacity > 95% of particle size 0.2 mm
Machine frame stainless steel SS304 or SS316, other materials on request
Agitator stainless steel SS304 or SS316, other materials on request
Conveyor screw special steel or stainless steel SS304 or SS316, other materials on request
drives geared motors, make SEW
Wir sind seit vielen Jahrzehnten die Spezialisten der Wasser- und Abwasserreinigung und haben unzählige Projekte im In- und Ausland erfolgreich ausgeführt.
Gerne senden wir Ihnen unsere umfangreiche und aussagekräftige Referenzliste zu.
Hierzu benötigen wir Ihren Namen, Ihre Anschrift und Ihre Telefonnummer.
Bei der telefonischen Rücksprache klären wir in einem kurzen Gespräch Ihr spezielles Bedarfsprofil, um Ihnen dann umgehend und zielgerichtet die gewünschten Informationen zuzusenden.
Bitte senden Sie uns eine kurze E-mail, verwenden Sie den "Anfrage" Button oder rufen Sie uns doch einfach an.
Wir freuen uns über Ihr Interesse.
Consulting & Support
Productive throughout the range: technological mastery and the very best service.
Understanding enquiries and problems in order to develop specifically targeted solutions.
Exciting projects successfully implemented in over 20 countries on 5 continents.
High throughput, reliability and service quality. Fully developed concepts for the high demands of daily realities.
Thinking about tomorrow today. We have been developing products designed to be sustainable, flexible and durable with this in mind for 50 years.
Integrated solutions at the highest technological level, seamlessly adapted to the existing workflow by our engineers.